Fitness and nutrition have my attention currantly. I know I know, this should be a life long focus- and I hope that it will be. A challenge has been presented by AAP Fitness in Tampa Fl. From Nov 25th to Dec 25th we are to pick a goal and document it. My goal is to be my pre-pregnacy weight. This means I need to loose 8 pounds. Oooo Mama Mama...that is 8lbs during holiday season. This is a very aggressive goal. I have started weight watchers to help me with the nutrition and I have signed up for fit camps (outdoor circuit training) at AAP fitness.
I hope that this is just the beginning of my weight loss journey. I have lost 60lbs since Austin was born but it has been a slow process, almost a year and a half. I have never been a small girl but I think it would be pretty fun to walk into a store and find jeans in the single digits. You remember that store 5-7-9 where all the sizes were 5-7 or 9? Well, I never got to shop at that store. I was always looking for the store called 12-13-14.
Well, today I am choosing to look at myself in a different light. I will no longer think of myself as the funny "fat" girl. I am going to start thinking of myself as the athlete. I believe if I start to think of myself as an athlete then I will act, eat and train like one.
What I need form you (if anyone is out there...)-
Cheer me on people- I need some support. A small pep talk or a "you go on with your bad self" goes a long way with me. It makes me accountable to not just myself but to my support system.
I will keep you posted on the ups and downs but I am focused, determined and ready to complete my mission... now I leave you to upload my Ipod with tunes from Rocky.
Nique, so proud of you! What a dynamite goal and a terrific way of approaching it! Keep us posted and awesome to see you're blogging, I look forward to reading more soon :)
ReplyDeleteNique!
ReplyDeleteI just love what you said about thinking like an athlete! I always tell people this - think like WHO you want to be...
You are a beautiful person inside and out ... I think your goal is terrific and I know that you can achieve exactly what it is you want.
I really look forward to following your blog and hearing what you have to say!
Love and hugs,
Ash