Tuesday, December 7, 2010

My first bump in the road

OK...so my first weigh in was not what I expected. I lost .6 pounds. I mean come on...you can pee .6 pounds. My goal is to loose 8 pounds in one month, so really I should be aiming for 2 lbs a week. I am not sure how I am going to be able to make up for this "not so hot" week. In the past I might have given up or changed my goal but this girl is a fighter. This year bathing suit season will not take me by surprise, I will be ready for it and it's tiny outfits.

My regained enthusiasm does not change the fact that I was pretty pissed off after I weighed in but one of the biggest factors in keeping me focused was the support of those on Facebook. Many people gave me advice and some told me to just ignore the number and focus on how I feel. I even got a "suck it up girl, this is part of your journey". You will never know how much it means to me knowing that people are out there cheering me on and wanting me to do well.

One big change that I have been adjusting to this week is the new Weight Watchers program. They changed the point system and this has been a little overwhelming for me. So far I have really liked Weight Watchers mostly because of the accountability and the group support. I will say there are some "crazies" in my group but that makes it a little entertaining. I hope the first week with the new program helps me reach my goal.

I really hope this week the scale is more friendly. I am not really sure what I did wrong last week. I do know that if this week is not successful, something will need to change.

No comments:

Post a Comment